Learn how you can get involved and advocate for yourself, family, and friends. A practical, hands-on approach to talking with elected officials.
This training is presented by Michelle Heid, Vendor Advisory Committee Chair, and Steve Miller, former executive director of the Tierra del Sol Foundation. Ms. Heid and Mr. Miller have extensive legislative advocacy experience and will provide you with numerous tips on how to contact your legislators and advocate for issues that are important to you. You don't want to miss this important training!
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
NLACRC, 9200 Oakdale Avenue, Suite 100, Chatsworth
Who should attend?
- Parents, family members and siblings
- Consumers and self-advocates
- Providers and service coordinator
- Concerned community members
Come and learn:
- Importance of legislation for disability services
- How legislation impacts disability services
- How to build a relationship with elected officials
- Influencing legislative decisions
- How to tell your story
- Importance of champions and how to become one
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 778-4406.
>> View the flyer